Friday, June 22, 2007

ON THE LIGHTER NOTES (1)



BEWARE OF WRONG E-MAIL ADDRESS:

Here’s a lesson learned from keying in an incorrect e-address. (Ever used a group or batch addresses?)

“ A Minneapolis couple decided to go to Florida to thaw out during a blistery winter. They planned to stay at the same hotel where they spent their honeymoon 20 years earlier.
But due to hectic schedules it was difficult to coordinate their travel together. So, the husband left Minnesota and flew to Florida on Thursday with his wife flying down the following day. The husband checked into the hotel. There was a computer in his room, so he decided to e-mail his wife. However, he accidentally left out a letter in her e-mail address and without realizing the typo error, sent the e-mail.

Meanwhile, somewhere in Houston, a widow had just returned home from her husband’s funeral. Her husband was a minister who was called home to glory, following a heart attack. The widow decided to check her e-mail expecting messages from relatives and friends.
After reading the first message, she screamed and fainted. The widow’s son rushed into the room, found his mother on the floor and saw the computer monitor on, which read:

To: My Loving Wife
Subject: I’VE ARRIVED
Date: 16 October 2004

I know you’re surprised to hear from me. They have computers here now and you are allowed to send e-mail to your loved ones. I’ve just arrived and have checked in. I see that everything has been prepared for your arrival tomorrow. Looking forward to see you then! Hope your journey is as uneventful as mine was.

P. S.
Sure is freaking HOT down here! “

Folks: Double check your address before hitting that “send” button, please!

8 comments:

Pilar Villegas Cuevas said...

Thanks for your advice. Hope will not happen to each one of us.

C C ramirez said...

That's a real worry, Eddie. It must explain the rather curious e-mail I received from you which seemed to be intended for another recipient. Hmmn, I wonder if Annie knows about this female. Too bad I had deleted it as I thought it might be quite sensitive and personal.

JoGJMac(http://titajo.blogspot.com) said...

Well, my dear Tio Eddie, you wrote from "experience" naman pala. So good advice talaga yan. May I give the same advice to you, my fav uncle?

"DOUBLE CHECK YOUR ADDRESS BEFORE HITTING THAT 'SEND' BUTTON, PLEASE."

lucille said...

Cora and Jo, you are putting Eddie in the " Hot Seat". I am sure Eddie is having a difficult time thinking about that wayward email.
Eddie, break your silence....

ErnestoDR said...

This is bloody amusing, eh....

Ed Benjamin said...

Truth be told...I have no reservations about sending e-mail to any female I so desire...
1: I only write to all the beautiful ones, no exceptions...All from JRI (Orion) Batch 63. Shall I name names, I dare say?
2: Annie does not check my e-mail nor read our blogs... Not yet, anyway...So far, so good?
3. Let me refresh your memories, dear friends.. I, being the head of the household, do declare that I will always have the final say in our domain.

Yes, dear, I will run the errands, do the laundry and of course, taga-saing...Enough said!

orionjri said...

Brave words, Eddie. Pity you let us down at the very end.

ErnestoDR said...

Ed, this is what I declare; I am the commander of my house. The wish of my wife is my command!