1963 Graduates of Jose Rizal Institute in Orion, Bataan
Friday, September 14, 2007
Ten Foods that Boost Brainpower
This is an excerpt from an article written by Hara Estroff Marano on ediets.
Since all of us in our batch are now very wary of the foods we eat to stay healthy and add years to our life and increase our brainpower.....this is worth reading.
CROSSWORD PUZZLES alone won't save our brain and protect it from aging,right foods will.Some foods protect the brain's delicate nerve cells and blood vessels from the damage that accompanies aging.These foods are also good for the heart,as both the brain and the heart rely on steady oxygen supply.
CHEW on these 10 foods:
1. Blueberries...........the sweet wild ones are bursting with anti- oxidants which mop up free radicals.
2. Dark Leafy Greens .. contain folate and B12 which break down chemicals with toxic effect on arterial walls.
3. Salmons and Sardines...Fatty fish are full of nueroprotective omega-3 acids.Higher levels of omega 3 in the blood with seratonin has a mood-enhancing brain chemical.
4. Spinach........ slows down cognitive deficits and age related problems in the central nervous system since it is full of antioxidant power.
5. Red Wine or Grape Juice..........drinking red wine in moderation increases longevity.But since alcohol slows down the brains ability to function properly ,grape juice maybe a smarter choice.
6. Whole Grains and Brown Rice....switch to brown rice to improve your intake of nutrients.It is filled with magnesium and vitamins.
7. Hot Cocoa.......warm up with hot cocoa to help your brain.The anti- oxidants protect brain cells from oxidative stress that may lead to Alzheimers and other disorders.
8. Nuts; Walnuts and Almonds ....rich in antioxidants that lower blood cholesterol levels.They don't contribute to weight gains and walnuts are rich in Omega 3 .
9. Olive oil......contains potent antioxidants valled polyphenols that reduce blood pressure and cholesterol levels.The exrta virgin variety is best.
10.Garlic........this pungent herb fends off aging via its antioxidant properties.It also contains anti bacterial and anti viral compounds that help shake off stress-induced colds and infections .Raw, crushed garlic is best.
Ready to sink your teeth into a new lifestyle ? Start it Now !!
This lively pet hamster will keep you company throughout the day. Watch him run on his wheel, drink water, and eat the food you feed him by clicking your mouse. Click the center of the wheel to make him get back on it.
Let's Go Ten Pin Bowling
DOWN MEMORY LANE
ANG BAYANG PILIPINAS
BAYANIHAN BLOGGERS ALL
From the Administrators of the Site
The Administrators of this blogsite reserve the right to edit out any materials deemed politically or ethically unsuitable or inappropriate for public viewing.