Sunday, May 27, 2007

In remembrance



May 28, 2007 -


In the US, a special day of remembrance is celebrated throughout the country. In honor of those who served in the Armed Forces of America, each town large or small , celebrates Memorial Day in some form or fashion throughout this weekend. I took this privilege to use our web site, to pay homage and a small tribute in their honor. It is something that is near and dear to my heart, not only because I have served in the United States Navy. But more importantly, I am grateful for the privilege that I have served the United States of America.

To All the Veterans, allied countries of the USA INCLUDED, past and present I salute you!

"Ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country."
-John Fitzgerald Kennedy (1917–1963), U.S. president. Inaugural address, January 20, 1961, Washington, DC. quoted in Theodore C. Sorenson, Kennedy, pt. 3, ch. 9 (1965).

1 comment:

orionjri said...

This is also a great reminder of our very own Bataan Day which if I remember correctly falls (pardon the pun) on the 9th of April. It may be worth doing something to commemorate this day next time it comes around. What do you think?