Wednesday, November 21, 2007

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU ALL BATCHMATES

Tomorrow, November 22, 2007 is a THANKSGIVING DAY CELEBRATION here in the United States, A "BIG HLIDAY CELEBRATION." A thanksgiving for family, food, parades, football games, roast TURKEY on the table, etc.

But eventhough we are in different places of the world we have to give thanks to our Lord God for the precious gift of life, divine life and human life, for the gift of love, respect, wisdom and understanding, for the gift of the family, for our parents who are always there for us loving us and caring for us, for our children and grandchildren who give joy in our family and for the gift of precious friends. We also have to give thanks for the food we eat everyday, for our job that we are able to meet our daily needs, for protecting us from any dangers and any sickness, for strengthening us in body, soul and spirit, for the peace of mind and joy in our heart. Everyday we have to give thanks to our Lord God for giving us another day that we are still alive with good health of mind and body to praise and give HIM thanks for all the blessings around us.

On this special day, we also have to remember those who are not at home with their family especially those who are in dangerous places, our troops, and those who comfort and pray for us.

THANK YOU

Dear God:

I want to thank you for what you have already done. I am not going to wait until I see results or receive rewards; I am thanking you right now. I am not going to wait until I feel better or things look better; I am thanking you right now. I am not going to wait until people say they are sorry or until they stop talking about me; I am thanking you rith now. I am not going to wait until the pain in my body disappears; I am thanking you right now. I am not going to wait until my financial situation improves; I am thanking you right now. I am not going to wait until the children are asleep and the house is quiet; I am thanking you right now. I am not going to wait until I get promoted at work or until I get the job; I am thanking you right now. I am not going to wait until I understand every experience in my life that has caused me pain or grief; I am thanking you right now. I am not going to wait until the journey gets easier or the challenges are removed; I am thanking you right now. I AM THANKING YOU BECAUSE I AM ALIVE. I AM THAKING YOU BECAUSE I MADE IT THROGUH THE DAY'S DIFFICULTIES. I AM THANKING YOU BECAUSE I HAVE WALKED AROUND THE OBSTACLES. I AM THANKING YOU BECAUSE I HAVE THE ABILITY AND THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO MORE AND DO BETTER.

I'M THANKING YOU BECAUSE FATHER, YOU HAVEN'T GIVEN UP ON ME.

GOD IS JUST SO GOOD, AND HE'S GOOD ALL THE TIME.

From all batchmates here in the United States HAPPY AND HEALTHY THANKSGIVING to you all batchmates whereever you are.

3 comments:

Ed Benjamin said...

Amen. Hope you've had a nice Thanksgiving day with your loved ones, too Larps.

Pilar Villegas Cuevas said...

Ed, yes we really had a very nice and great celebration of Thanksgiving in my sister's house. All members of our family from my mom to the great grandchildren were present. All in all we are 32 who were present. We are all here in the United States all in Maryland and we are a big family kaya masaya. So much food, Pilipino, Spanish and American but as usual I only eat small amount of food, Spanish cook rice with sea foods, I liked best. Not too much of turkey but much of grapes and vegetable salad. Where did you spend your thansgiving. Did you drive to your children place in Pennsylvania. Hope you too had a very great celebration of thanksgiving.

gernie_717 said...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JRIBATCH1963