Batchmates, here are some information from my compilation which I think will be useful to us.
1. Potato chips' bags don't have regular air inside. The bags are filled with nitrogen to keep
the chips fresh.
2. If you slowly pour a handful of salt into a totally full glass of water, it will not overflow.
In fact the water level will go down.
3. We can get sunburned on a cloudy day, because more than 80% of the sun's burning
ultraviolet (UV) rays penetrate clouds.
4.Horses cannot focus their eyes the way humans do. They have to change the angle of
their heads if they want to see close objects clearly. That is why they bob their heads up
and down as you come near.
5.Today's super computers can store one trillion bits of information. The human brain,
however,can store 1000 trillion bits of information.
6.Broken mercury thermometers are environmental threat. The mercury in one broken
thermometer can contaminate an 11 acre lake.
7.When Pacific salmon get to a certain age, their pituitary glands suddenly secrete poison
to kill them.
8. One aluminum can recycled can save enough energy to run a telivision for three hours.
9. Mosquitos like the scent of estrogen , hence women get bitten by mosquitoes more than
men do. Only female mosquitos bite people.
10.Even lipstick aren't safe anymore. It contain lead, a chemical which can cause cancer. If
your lipstick stays longer, it has a high content of lead. Here is a test you can do yourself :
---Put some lipstick in your hands.
--- Use a gold ring to scratch on the lipstick.If the lipstick color changes to black ,it has lead.
Did You Vote for this Man as your POTUS?
5 years ago