Monday, July 5, 2010

"I was there at the Evergreen Memorial Chapel yesterday..."

You won't believe this, I'm here in Odessa, TX, but "I was there at the Evergreen Memorial Chapel B, two hours before the interment of Tia Agre." Oh no,not physically, but through the magic of cyberspace, I watched everything that was happening from about 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. -Philippine time. Was I lucky! I even saw my mother (Inay) there. She was wearing a light blue blouse with white collar. She sat at the last pew. How I wished that she took the front seats, so I can have a good view of her.

I called up Alex Mercado in Colorado; so he guided me on how to use the E-Lamay electronic viewing of their chapel. First, go to: www.evergreenorion.com. Then, click either Chapel A or B - depends on which chapel is being used. The user name is: evergreen. The password is: memorial. If you are using Mozilla Firefox-click Java. otherwise-click: Active X. That simple.

At least, I felt that I was there with my dearest kumare- Mareng Perlita, to share her grief. I saw all her siblings and their families, and some of our kababayans, too.

One thing good, however, is it seems that nobody was aware of the webcams there, so everything was very normal , and there were no scrambling for the front seats.

No comments: